The Advantech EKI-1228-DR Modbus gateways are bi-directional gateways for integrating new and existing Modbus/RTU and Modbus/ASCII serial devices to newer TCP/IP networked-based devices. The EKI-1228 has two independent Ethernet ports and MAC addresses to provide redundancy and reliability. They provide a simple and cost-effective way to bring remote management and data accessibility to thousands of devices that cannot connect to a network. Advantech EKI-1228-DR provides a feature that can allow users to select master or slave operation mode for each serial port. They not only allow an Ethernet master to control serial slaves, but also allow serial masters to control Ethernet slaves.
EKI-1228-DRIndustrial 8-port Modbus Gateway
- Supports surge protection for D.C. power ports with line to line 2 KV, and line to earth 4 KV; for signal ports with 4 KV.
- Automatic RS-485 data flow control
- Built-in 15 KV ESD protection for all serial signals
- Mounts on DIN-rail and Wall mount
- Software selectable RS-232/422/485 communication
- Support up to 16 connections on each serial port under Modbus Master mode and 128 sessions under Modbus Slave mode.
- Supports up to 921.6 kbps, and any baud rate setting
- Integration of Modbus TCP and Modbus RTU/ASCII networks
- Provides 2 x 10/100 Mbps Ethernet ports for LAN redundancy